Monday, January 28, 2008

My Kids Still Say Funny Things

Even though Ashby is 11 and Bronson is 9, they still say some funny things. Here are the latest:

Friday

Ashby: "Mom, Sally (fake name) said that her sister Jane (also fake name) is getting into a lot of trouble with her boyfriend and so her parents are going to have her live with her grandparents for a few months. They say it's because she has hormones." (Whispered like someone would say, "cancer"). Do you know what hormones are?"

Mom: "Yes. You have hormones. Everyone has hormones."

Ashby: Look of horror.

Mom: "Never mind."

Saturday

Bronson: "Dad, will you take me to Target?"

Dad: "I can’t. I’m going on a date."

Bronson: "Can Mom take me?"


5 comments:

mandi said...

Both of those are way funny. We seem to be struggling with the terrible hormones already. Crap.

Were you aware that Mike was dating?

sugarbritches said...

Hormones. I had an abundance as a teen. poor ma & pa.

I hate it when Tom goes on dates without me.

heidi said...

Really Mandi? I didn't know hormones were raging at your house!

It sounds like Bronson is cool that Mike is dating.

I'm glad kids keep saying funny things - it makes life more interesting.

dishes and laundry said...

cool new blog, wahwee!

Poor Ashby, she was worried that she'd be shipped off to her grandparent's to live.

Chrissy said...

Your daughter is dead right, hormones are a cancer.